Davey Richards: ‘Who’s Even In TNA?, No Idea’

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!

Davey Richards: ‘Who’s Even In TNA?, No Idea’

Postby KL_ » Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:53 pm

Total Wrestling Magazine recently interviewed Davey Richards and here are some exclusive quotes from their must-read interview.
The link to the full interview and magazine: http://www.twmag.co.uk/Magazine/TW2.pdf

Here are some highlights:

Do you think changing the tag titles on three separate shows helped the ROH tag team division in any way?

“Nah. Those belts don’t mean nothing anymore, anyway.”

What do you think of the iPPV issues that ROH has been experiencing (which we look at in depth elsewhere in this issue)?

“I don’t care. It doesn?t bother me. If they can’t get their crap together that’s their problem. I just worry about showing up, doing my job in the ring and they can do whatever they want with that stuff. It’s their deal.”

You’ve been ROH Champion yourself ? what are your thoughts on what it means to be at the top of the tree and the responsibility that comes with it?

“In my opinion that title has been devalued vastly for the last few years. The booking of it has been really substandard and screwy. It helps guys get bookings when they’re holding it, but it’s kind of a death touch because you work hard to get it and then it’s like you realize how screwy things become. And now the booking is so screwy with it, it’s just like a piece of metal, unfortunately. It has a rich history: I mean, look at the guys who have held it. Most of them have been very deserving in my opinion.”

The rumor doing the rounds right now is that TNA is up for sale. Do you think the upshot of a TNA sale may be more talent heading over to ROH?

“Who’s even in TNA? No idea. Apart from Aries, Joe; guys like that. Oh, and TJ, but they’ve got him wrestling as some stupid skeleton man.”
KL_

Check out ROHCast

By ROHWorld.com

ROHWorld.com
Advertisement

Re: Davey Richards: ‘Who’s Even In TNA?, No Idea’

Postby DXvsNWO1994 » Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:56 pm

:lol: Davey's comments on TNA were priceless.
DXvsNWO1994

Postby TYFDK » Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:57 pm

Andddddd now I hope ROH stops booking Richards.

What dumb things to say.
Hey my podcast URL is two spaces below this sentence.

http://www.soundcloud.com/ThreePWK
TYFDK

Postby Marketh. » Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:58 pm

Great. More Davey drama.

And he's probably saying these things because he really is on the way out, so ROH aren't going to book him any differently because of this. Or surprise, surprise, he decides to stick around for another year and ROH are so happy he hasn't left that they'll let it slide.

Pure speculation, but I think I've got the past on my side here.
Marketh.

Postby Ladrao12 » Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:20 pm

Heel turn?

But seriously, he's burning his bridges before he goes (wherever he's going) and it makes it hard for me, someone who supported Richards over the years, to get behind what he does next.
Ladrao12

Postby Tim » Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:25 pm

What a stupid thing to say... not that he's wrong, but leave that for the fans to say.
Tim

Postby AmericanDolphin_3 » Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:31 pm

Is this legit? I thought this was some sort of Kayfabe News stuff at first...
AmericanDolphin_3

Postby The Dragon Saga » Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:32 pm

Got €50 legit with anyone that the interview isn't real/never happened.
The Dragon Saga

Postby felkerpat » Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:38 pm

Ya know I used to really like shoot interviews and following wrestlers on twitter but I've found the more I learn about certain guys the less I wish I knew about them.
Saying a wrestler isn't good because they're not in WWE is like saying a musician isn't good because they're not in Nickelback - Chuck Taylor
felkerpat

Postby Marketh. » Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:40 pm

The Dragon Saga wrote:Got €50 legit with anyone that the interview isn't real/never happened.

Fake Observer reference in 3...2...
Marketh.

Postby Marketh. » Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:42 pm

Following the controversy of some of the statements made by former ROH champion Davey Richards in his interview in Issue 2, the American Wolf granted a follow-up audience to Total Wrestling. Here’s what he had to say, about ROH, the championships, and what lies ahead.

TW: Hi Davey, you requested this interview because there are some things you’d like to clarify, as you had some disparaging remarks about the ROH tag titles and ROH World title in our recent interview. Why were these made, Davey?

DR: They came off as if the ROH tag titles don’t mean anything. They very much do, I just believe the real feud isn’t rEDragon vs anyone other than the American Wolves. The two top tag teams in professional wrestling.

You mentioned that you were surprised Adam Cole won the belt instead of Michael Elgin.. For what reasons do you feel that way?

Elgin is just on another level. Cole is so good, but man, my money was totally on Elgin.

It was said that you believe the title has been devalued over the past few years, and that the booking of it has been substandard, what are your reasons for feeling this way? Do you have any examples?

I just miss the epic reigns of a (Samoa) Joe or (Bryan) Danielson. Even mine didn’t compare. It just felt like the ROH title defenses were the most important in all of wrestling, and even in my reign it didn’t feel that way sometimes. I just think it’s the company redefining themselves.

When asked about UK talent, you replied that you thought that some UK talent were better than the current crop of ROH guys, do you feel the roster of ROH has depleted over the years in quality, or is that a testament to the great talent here in the UK?

I just honestly feel that the UK roster has a lot of talent, especially like I said Zack Sabre Jr. and Dave Mastiff.

Now, we once again have to ask about WWE, as in an interview with Preston City Wrestling. you stated that whatever may happen you would cause fireworks, and then we spoke to you the next day and you stated you couldn’t talk about it for legal reasons? We have to ask how the trial went, can you talk anything about the trial and what, perhaps, does your future hold?

I can’t give specifics. But you’ll see. It’s never been done before. It’s going to be awesome.

Is WWE a place where you’ve always wanted to end up?

Not always. It’s an interest now, but really my main focus is on being the best anywhere and everywhere I compete.
Marketh.

Postby bik100 » Thu Nov 07, 2013 2:34 am

I can't stop laughing right now. This is so funny. Wow.
bik100

Postby ROHFanAnthony » Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:33 pm

I'm surprised he said what he said about the Tag titles.
ROHFanAnthony
Donator

Postby bik100 » Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:54 am

Has anyone been able to confirm if this is legit yet?
bik100

Postby The Dragon Saga » Fri Nov 08, 2013 4:07 pm

I'm talking to him a bit more. Original interview took place but a lot of what it says he said wasn't. The follow-up also didn't happen and he doesn't care to change it or get it taken off the net because he hopes people are smart enough to know it's not him.
The Dragon Saga

Postby Marketh. » Fri Nov 08, 2013 5:22 pm

Even if it's not his real opinions, I wouldn't think of anyone as dumb for thinking it was. The frankness and attitude seem pretty consistent with his shoots and written interviews. We also obviously know he's not beyond trashing the company.
Marketh.

Postby Ladrao12 » Fri Nov 08, 2013 6:47 pm

Marketh. wrote:Even if it's not his real opinions, I wouldn't think of anyone as dumb for thinking it was. The frankness and attitude seem pretty consistent with his shoots and written interviews. We also obviously know he's not beyond trashing the company.

Agreed. He has certainly left himself open for people to "pose" as him and sound just like him.
Ladrao12

Postby The Dragon Saga » Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:01 pm

That's the thing with all written interviews nowadays. As someone who has wrote for a few wrestling websites very rarely does anyone promote a written interview without audio, because without audio their so easy to make up. I used to do a lot of written interviews with guys and I'd always ask them to promote it on their official Twitters so they aren't made up. One instance of this is when I interviewed KENTA over the phone and had to use his translator, WrestleZone got hold of the interview but sent me a message asking for audio to verify its authenticity, I had no audio so I had to get KENTA's translator (who I think also works as his agent or some shit) to email WrestleZone and confirm it.

I feel bad for Davey of all guys because he doesn't need anymore controversy.
The Dragon Saga

Postby YimYac » Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:23 pm

Marketh. wrote:Even if it's not his real opinions, I wouldn't think of anyone as dumb for thinking it was. The frankness and attitude seem pretty consistent with his shoots and written interviews. We also obviously know he's not beyond trashing the company.

Don't forget he made the Highspots shoot last year burying Kevin Steen and Jim Cornette. This isn't out of the ordinary for Davey to say.
YimYac

Return to General ROH Discussion